As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Introduction to Visiting The Treasure Coast of Florida
Table of Contents
The Treasure Coast of Florida consists of Indian River, St. Lucie, and Martin Counties. It is located on the eastern coast of Florida and has many gems to add to your vacation bucket list. The weather is inviting even in the middle of winter, the beaches are pristine, and the local activities and eateries are a pleasant addition to this wonderful travel destination.
This article will discuss where to stay when traveling by RV to this area, where to eat, and what to do. This is a can’t miss spot for RV’ers everywhere!
RV parks: Treasure Coast of Florida
- Road Runner Travel Resort is located in Fort Pierce, Florida. This resort has everything you need at a reasonable price. If you are traveling in winter, be sure to make reservations early. It books up quickly. http://www.roadrunnertravelresort.com
Accommodations: Road Runner Travel Resort is a large resort at 38 acres. There are 452 RV sites and cabins.
Amenities: There are many amenities available at this resort including a restaurant, store, and heated pool. You can fish in their catch and release mini lake, bike or walk down the many bike friendly roads. There is a three-hole golf course for those of you who like to take a swing. You will never be bored with the tennis, basketball and shuffleboard courts. The resort also boasts shower facilities, wifi, and a laundromat.
Overall impression: This resort is clean, friendly, affordable, and fun. It is a very nice choice for an RV resort.
2. Sunshine Travel RV Resort is an Encore and Thousand Trails park. This is a great option for members. Non-members are also allowed to make reservations at this location. It is situated in Vero Beach, Florida and is in a great location. https://thousandtrails.com/florida/sunshine-travel-rv-resort/
Accommodations: This resort has RV sites and cabins available for reservations. The sites are nicely spaced. It is a quiet and nice looking park overall.
Amenities: Sunshine Travel RV resort has many amenities available to it’s guests. Amenities include a dog park, banquet hall, laundry facilities, fitness center, and clubhouse. Take a swim in the heated pool, play some horseshoes or a round of mini-golf with the family. You may also want to stop in the clubhouse and play some games in the game/ billiard room.
Overall Impression: This RV park is friendly, clean, and has everything a resort needs to make a guest feel welcomed and comfortable.
- If you would rather, sleep under the stars, consider visiting one of these caverns for a unique experience!!
Best Food: Treasure Coast of Florida
- Costa De Este Beach Resort and Spa: Costa is a beautiful hotel located in the heart of Vero Beach. It is close to shops and other restaurants. They offer Valet parking. The resort offers a wonderful restaurant lovingly named the Wave Kitchen & Bar. The beverages are heavenly and the food is all locally sourced, extremely fresh, and very inventive.
If you would rather hang by the beach, The Cabana Bar is for you. There is plenty of seating and the staff is very attentive and friendly. The drinks are refreshing and tasty. Try the Jalapeño margarita. It is fantastic. The bar also has an extensive menu full of appetizers, dishes and more. The Ceviche is a must try.
Take a seat by the pool, enjoy the ocean view, the stylish music and setting, and start your vacation off right. https://www.costadeste.com
2. The Walking Tree Brewery: The Walking Tree Brewery is located in Vero Beach, Florida. It is an amazing place to sit, unwind, chat, and have an adult beverage. They specialize in craft beers that are brewed right on site. If you wish to have a coffee beverage or glass of wine, the menu won’t disappoint.
The Walking Tree has a rotation of food trucks that visit with local and yummy treats to quench your appetite. Fun events are always on the calendar and games are available for play at your table. This is a fun place. Don’t forget to stop in and have a brew. https://www.walkingtreebrewery.com
3. Crabby’s Dockside: Crabby’s is located in a very cute and trendy part of Fort Pierce, Florida. Hang a scooter ride around this cute area and stop in Crabby’s for some wonderful seafood, ice cream, and delightful beverages. The view from the upstairs deck is gorgeous. The food is yummy and the staff is welcoming. https://crabbysdocksideftpierce.com
4. Archie’s Seabreeze: Archies is a relaxed and refreshing outdoor hangout with fabulous design, drinks and bar food. Grab a beer, talk to some of the locals, and appreciate the design of this tropical escape. It is located in Fort Pierce, Florida and is super close to the beach. They schedule live music regularly and the staff is accommodating and great! Have that tropical beverage you have been waiting for. Enjoy the atmosphere and be in the moment at Archie’s. https://www.archiesftpierce.com
5. Dixie Dream Donuts: If you are ready for a grab-and-go breakfast on your way to the beach, Dixie Dream is a must!! The donuts are unique and super fresh. They sell out quick so make sure to be there early. Dixie Dream Donuts is located in Ft. Pierce, Florida. https://www.facebook.com/DixieDreamDonuts/?ref=py_c
6. Loutinas Pizza: Ready to grab some pizza and take it back to the RV resort? Grab a slice or pie at Loutina’s Pizza in Ft. Pierce. The margarita pizza is to die for. Fresh, hot, and everything you want in a pizza. They also have wings, sandwiches, and a few other delights. You can take it to go or eat on the premises. They have adult beverages available for purchase as well. http://www.loutinas-pizza.com
Activities: Treasure Coast of Florida
Now, the fun part!! What is a vacation without some fun adventures? The Treasure Coast of Florida has some of the most beautiful beaches to visit. Take a day and enjoy the sunshine, watch the manatees (yes they are popular in this area), and have a dip in the Atlantic Ocean!
- Vero Tackle & Watersports: Vero Tackle and Watersports is a locally owned business located in Vero Beach, Florida. They offer some of the best activities and adventures in the area. They offer fishing charters, boat tours, jet ski tours and more. You can also rent a boat, paddle board, kayak or jet ski. Enjoy the Intracoastal Waterway in style. It is a beautiful area and there is much more to feast your eyes on out on the water. Get out and be active. Enjoy the landscape that the Treasure Coast has to offer. https://verowatersports.com
- This area has many other activities to partake in. Fort Pierce hosts a weekly farmer’s market full of local and fresh offerings. There are tons of water adventures to explore, museums, and live music events. You will never run out of fun activities in this area. What is your favorite thing to do when visiting Florida? Share your stories in the comments.
- Weather: June to November is hurricane season. Be sure to watch weather forecasts. The temperature is quite moderate in this area but be sure to bring a light jacket or sweater for evenings. The breeze can be quite chilly. Be prepared for rain on your outings. Rain is how this state keeps its lush surroundings looking green and beautiful.
- Roads: Pulling an RV is tough enough as it is. There is nothing worse than driving your rig on roads that are busted up. The roads in Florida are quite nice. They are well kept and RV friendly. There are services available frequently while traveling on the highways and byways. Florida is definitely a friend to RV travelers.
- Covid update: Some public spaces are participating in social distancing and most require the use of a mask when entering any building or occupied area. If you are coming from a state with strict regulations, you may find that Florida is a bit more laid back on its requirements. Just be aware and make your plans accordingly. Take advantage of the natural adventures that this wonderful place has to offer. Stick to beaches, parks, and garden retreats.
- If you are flying back home after your visit to Orlando & need to conduct a Covid test prior to your flight, you can search and compare covid testing centers here.
If you are looking for an escape from the winter woe’s or need to feel a warm breeze while sipping a tropical beverage by the ocean, Florida’s Treasure Coast is calling. With great accommodations for RV travelers, wonderful food options and endless activities, this is the place to plan your next vacation!
Please post in the comments some of your favorite hot spots in this area or must-do activities. I look forward to hearing from you.
Check out this article about Washington State.
- Easy Campfire Desserts: Recipes for an Awesome Summer Night
- The Best RV Toilet Paper: How to Keep Your Sanitation System Running Smooth
- RV Gifts Under $100: The Best Gifts for RVers
- RV Cleaning Checklist: How to Keep Your RV sparkling clean
- 11 Tips for RVing With a Cat: Ultimate Guide to Keep them Safe And Happy
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.